Meet Your Certified Dog Trainers
Kim is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner, a Professional Canine Trainer-Accredited through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board (PPAB), a Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT), and a Certified Behavior Adjustment Training Instructor (CBATI). In addition to continuing education requirements, all of these organizations hold Kim to high ethical standards as a condition of membership and to maintain all certifications. Kim is a Fear-Free Certified Animal Trainer, Pet Dog Ambassador Instructor and Assessor, Puppy Start Right Preschool Instructor, a CATCH Academy Mentor Trainer and has completed the Aggression in Dogs Master Course. What do Kim’s education and proven experience mean for you?
- You will work with a trainer skilled in using positive teaching and training techniques with you and your dog to make training fun and engaging.
- Assurance your trainer is educated about using science and behavior-based methods to make training more efficient and effective.
- Kim will customize a training program specifically designed to help you and your dog communicate and succeed together.
- Peace of mind knowing Kim participates in programs for quality assurance and continuing education to ensure the training you receive is based on modern research and technology without pain, force or fear and without electronic, prong or choke collars.
- Kim pledges to teach and train using force-free principles so that you not only get fast results, but you build a strong bond with your dog at the same time.
In addition to private lessons for dogs, Kim teaches group classes and offers workshops for people, dogs, and parrots.
Meet Our Group Class Instructors
Alicia Nicholas has been coaching dogs and their handlers since 2004. She’s won a variety of titles and championships in multiple venues, including: obedience, agility, dock diving, herding, tricks, stunt dog, rally, therapy dog, and scent work. Alicia has competed nationally and internationally in agility, attending multiple national championships in different venues. As a fifteen-year veteran high school-teacher, Alicia has the expertise to coach handlers at any level.
Alicia is committed to education and growth in the field of dog training. Alicia is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT) through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers and a Certified Behavior Adjustment Instructor (CBATI) and uses BAT to help dogs with fear, reactivity and confidence issues. She is a member of the Pet Professional Guild and is currently working on certification through Control Unleashed and Fenzi Dog Sports Academy.
Over the years, Alicia has worked with and trained dogs of many different breeds and sizes, from Chihuahuas to Malinois, giving her a perspective about behavior that is unique in dog sports.
Alicia’s goal is to help people cultivate a lasting relationship with their dogs, one that will span a lifetime and foster the discovery of new passions, activities, and sports together. She believes that goals are an important part of the journey, but how you attain them is what matters!
Alicia believes you are an expert on your dog, and her role as an instructor is to provide an outside perspective, improving both your skill set and your dog’s abilities. Alicia will help you discover which activities you and your dog do best, and will help you improve your ability to work together. Recognizing what a dog enjoys and excels at is part of the relationship. She enjoys training dogs towards a goal and, as much fun as it is to win a title, the joy of living happily with your dog comes first. She encourages people to compete with the course more than the other entrants. It’s all about the journey.
Alicia currently teaches puppy classes for Building Bonds. She also teaches agility, scent work and tricks through her own company Journey Agility. You can contact Alicia directly at firstname.lastname@example.org