Meet Your Certified Dog Trainer
Kim is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) the leading independent certifying organization for the dog training profession and the leader in the development of rigorous exams to demonstrate mastery of humane, science-based dog training practices. Kim is also a member of the Pet Professional Guild and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. In addition to continuing education requirements, all of these organizations hold Kim to high ethical standards as a condition of membership and to maintain all certifications. Kim is a Fear Free Certified Animal Trainer, Pet Dog Ambassador Instructor and Assessor, Puppy Start Right Preschool Instructor and an Animal Behavior College Mentor Trainer. What does Kim’s education and proven experience mean for you?
- You will work with a trainer skilled in using positive teaching and training techniques with you and your dog to make training fun and engaging.
- Assurance your trainer is educated about using science and behavior-based methods to make training more efficient and effective.
- Kim will customize a training program specifically designed to help you and your dog communicate and succeed together.
- Peace of mind knowing Kim participates in programs for quality assurance and continuing education to ensure the training you receive is based on modern research and technology without pain, force or fear and without electronic, prong or choke collars.
- Kim pledges to teach and train using force-free principles so that you not only get fast results, but you build a strong bond with your dog at the same time.
Meet Our Group Class Instructors
Karen Seifert is a Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI), Certified Pet Dog Ambassador Instrcutor, retired Certified Professional Dog Trainer and Association of Professional Dog Trainers member with thirty-three years of experience in classroom teaching and several years teaching group dog classes and providing in-home consultations. Karen participates in ongoing science based education within the expanding field of animal behavior and believes in using positive training techniques that are relaxed, enjoyable and conducive to learning for both people and animals. Karen is also a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner candidate and is expected to graduate in the summer of 2019.
Karen Paquette KPA-CTP has been a classroom educator for 20 years working with children with special needs. She has worked with a local scent detection dog group for 14 years, and has served as the training director for almost five years. Karen participates in a vast number of scent detection workshops and seminars each year. She has served as assistant instructor for the last three years at several of these workshops. She is also a Karen Pryor Certified Training Partner. She is a firm believer in using positive training techniques and building a strong relationship with your dog.