Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) Two Day Seminar
Saturday, September 10th, 2-5 pm
Sunday, September 11th, 2-5 pm
Is your dog struggling with:
Barking and lunging on the leash?
Hyperarousal on the leash?
BAT CAN HELP.
BAT is a protocol for puppies and adult dogs that helps them navigate social interactions with other dogs and people. BAT helps dogs gain confidence and social skills. BAT is a natural method that creates an emotionally safe interaction with minimal human intrusion. BAT is especially useful when the “triggers” for frustration, aggression, or fear are living beings, for example when dogs bark at other dogs or people.
Here are some benefits of BAT:
- BAT effectively teaches or restores social skills.
- BAT is humane and lives in the least intrusive parts of the LIMA hierarchy. [Learn more here]
- BAT gives animals maximum control of safety in their environments and other significant events in their lives.
- BAT arranges safe scenarios where animals can socialize naturally and interact with “triggers” in socially acceptable ways.
- Unlike obedience, BAT does not require the handler to contantley tell the dog what to do making walks more enjoyable for both ends of the leash.
Presenter: Kim Silver – Certified Behavior Adjustment Training Instructor
Seminar Fee: $299
Includes a Mendota 15ft BAT leash
Humans ONLY, no dogs
THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED IN THIS SEMINAR IS A PREREQUISITE TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR GROUP BAT CLASSES (WHEN OFFERED) AND PRIVATE BAT LESSONS.